Posts Tagged ‘Development’
There’s no better way to say this… but we never thought it would take this long to really launch MerchMatch. We are, however, getting closer and closer. (YES, we’ve been saying that for ages now — that’s what you get when it’s developed part-time here and there as we have gotten married, changed jobs, developed other projects, etc.)
You’ll be happy to know that we are winding down development, finishing up some bug fixes, and will be entering beta later this summer (possibly sooner, but who knows?).
Prepare to be amazed. MerchMatch really is unlike anything you’ve ever seen.
Remember when you were a kid? When you thought you could do anything? Some wanted to be a firefighter, others a NFL player. Whatever you wanted to be, you tried to hold on to that dream as long as you could, right? What happened to that dream? Was it really a bad idea to pursue your dreams? Or did you simply not surround yourself with the right people, the kind of people that could have helped you have enough confidence and purpose to achieve your dreams.
I’ve been thinking a lot about this very debate…what is more important in a startup business? The right people or the right idea?
There are arguments on both sides of the equation, but the conclusion that I’ve come down to is that you could have the most brilliant idea and support behind said idea, but without the right people, it will fail and come short of its potential. What I’m advocating is not that if you have the right people, a horrible idea will become successful, hit the market right, BUT that with the right people, it will have a much better chance (by better, I mean more than 0%) at success.
Why am I thinking about this? I truly believe that we have an incredible team in place here at MerchMatch. In fact, we just recently added a new developer to our team. Please join us in welcoming Scott Weinert on board. Scott, a self-proclaimed and taught programmer since he was 12, is currently studying computer science on the university level, but already comes bundled with incredible talent packaged with sheer determination to succeed in whatever he does. Scott and Will are the ones who are hard at work developing what will be known in the coming months as MerchMatch, the newest way to exchange goods online, as well as locally. Welcome aboard Scott!
By the way, if you haven’t heard of our free giveaways yet, take 30 seconds and watch this video about our latest giveaway! Seriously, 30 seconds!
Now that you’ve watched it, text “mmdinner1″ to 91011 (nine-ten-eleven) to be entered to win. No spam, just free food!
What is there to celebrate you ask?
- Development is bumping! New features are being implemented daily!
- Legalities are being taken care of!
- Today is Constitution Day – Celebrate this great country!
To celebrate, MerchMatch has decided to give away two movie passes for use at any movie you want to go to. Here are a few more details!
- This is for two free, no purchase necessary, movie tickets to the Wynnsong Theater in Provo, Utah.
- To become eligible, you must become a fan of MerchMatch on Facebook and post the following in your status, “MerchMatch is giving away 2 free movie tickets if you become a fan of their page and post this in your status! Contest ends Saturday, winner announced Monday! http://www.facebook.com/pages/MerchMatch/80572666086″
- MerchMatch employees are not eligible
- Contest will be closed on Saturday night at 11:59pm, and winner will be announced via the MerchMatch Facebook page on Monday. Winner must check page to see if they have won!
Remember, this isn’t the only thing we’ll be giving away. Just wait to see what else we’ve got up our sleeves. You’ll want to check back often for more FREE stuff!!